What to do if I signed a lease contract on a commercial truck but when I went to pickup the truck I was not satisfy with it?

UPDATED: May 31, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 31, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I signed a lease contract on a commercial truck but when I went to pickup the truck I was not satisfy with it?

Therefore I refused delivery. Can I ask for my security deposit back? I live in one stae an the company is based in another.

Asked on May 31, 2012 under Business Law, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

When two parties enter into a contract, then the contract is binding, regardless of the state that you reside in.  Whether or not you can get your security deposit back will depend on the terms of your agreement.  Many rental contracts have provisions for what happens to the deposit when the vehicle is returned or the deal is not finalized.  Some companies will grant a partial refund.  Look at the contract and any other documents that you signed or received.  So, to answer your question, the answer is yes or no depending on what your contract says about the security deposit.  You need to read this ASAP in the event there are any specialized provisions for obtaining the return.  Some require that you make a demand for a return within a certain number of days.  If you don't comply with the terms, you could end up forfeiting the right to your deposit back.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption