How do I get new employment if my former employer has put an administrative hold on me?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I get new employment if my former employer has put an administrative hold on me?

I am a nuclear contract worker. I was fired from the contractor that hires me

out to different plants. I went to work for another contractor but was turned

away when I couldn’t get a badge. The nuclear plant where I was working has

put an administrative hold on me and will not return communications from

other plants or me. Is there anything I can do about this?

Asked on March 11, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Alabama


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You can file a lawsuit against them the nuclear plant seeking a court order compelling them to release the hold--that is most likely the most effective way to resolve this, if they will not communicate with you. You could also potentially seek monetary compensation, such as lost wages, if you can show they cost you a job or at least compensible work days due to their actions. This type of suit has to be filed in country court or federal district court, not small claims or municipal court, and you are advised to retain an attorney to help you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption