health care

Get Legal Help Today

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

health care

does a parent w/joint custody have to pay for ortodontist bills if not medically required

Asked on May 22, 2009 under Family Law, Texas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Well, oftentimes these issues are addressed in the divorce decree and child support/child custody decree.  If you share joint custody, chances are you share medical bills outside of those covered by a covered parent's insurance.

1. Check your decrees from the court.

2. Check out the following:




If you have issues with payment, consider speaking to your divorce attorney.  If you don't have one, try

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption