I have an arraignment on trespassing. Iwent to someone’s house and got in an argument. Guilty, not, no contest. I have no priors.

UPDATED: Apr 15, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 15, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I have an arraignment on trespassing. Iwent to someone’s house and got in an argument. Guilty, not, no contest. I have no priors.

Asked on April 15, 2009 under Criminal Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

That you have no priors is one thing, but this is is a criminal charge and if you plead guilty or no contest or are found guilty you will have a prior and possible jail time or a fine.

I have no idea of the facts or circumstances, but a good criminal defense lawyer in your locale can quickly assess the situation and evidence and give you advice and can often get the DA to drop charges or take plea bargain to reduce the charges down to something far less serious -- such as a disorderly conuct -- in such circumstances.

Even if the lawyer's fee is higher than the fine you might expect by pleading guilty, just consider what the conviction could do to your job and career prospects, your ability to earn income, and imagine what you'd be saying if you could have gotten a "bye' on this one and for some reason you were picked up again years down the road for something you did or did not do.

Our affiliate http://www.AttorneyPages.com is the place to look for a criminal defense lawyer; if you are broke and can't get your family or friends to hep cover the cost of a good private lawyer, at least go to the public defender.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption