Had employee fall at work, now wants to sue what can I do

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Had employee fall at work, now wants to sue what can I do

Had and employee fall at work, he was not in
my workers comp yet, he never brought me
proof of legal paper work all ways had excuse.
Now he wants to sue what can I do.

Asked on September 26, 2019 under Employment Labor Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

1) Until and unless he sues, you don't have to do anything.
2) If he does sue, first, if you have liability insurance at work, ask your insurer if this would fall under their policy: if it does, the insurer should defend you.
3) If you don't have relevant insurance, you'll need to defend yourself. Hire a lawyer to do so unless the amount sought is so little (e.g. less than the small claims limit) that you'd spend more on the lawyer than the case is worth. If the case is so little that it's more cost effective to pay him, do so, but make sure you get a written agreement (settlement) first that the payment is payment in full of all claims he has or may have against you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption