What to do if I had stiches but glass was left in my hand because they did not X-ray me beforehand?

UPDATED: Jul 27, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 27, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I had stiches but glass was left in my hand because they did not X-ray me beforehand?

I got an X-ray done 2 days later and they found it and told me but I have to wait until it heals to see about getting it out. Yet it is 2 weeks later and it is still not healing; I think it’s because of the glass.

Asked on July 27, 2013 under Malpractice Law, Ohio


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You need to go to a new doctor and consider suing the first doctor for malpractice, time lost, money lost and pain and suffering. This is a classic example of medical malpractice for which you need to mitigate your damages (lessen them). So, go to a new doctor (a specialist if your primary doctor will approve and send a referral) and move forward with getting the proper surgery.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption