Is there a setoff for reasonable use of the vehicle in lemon law?

Lemon law, which is designed to protect consumers in the case of a defective vehicle purchase, typically contains what is referred to as a’setoff for reasonable use,’ or a’subtraction for reasonable use.’ Exactly what this setoff will be varies by location, because each state has its own particular lemon law that will apply to vehicles purchased in that state.

Lemon Law for Used Cars

Used car lemon laws, lemon laws originally intended for new cars, will likely cover a used car if the car was covered under a certain type of warranty. In addition, some states provide specific used car lemon law protection. Read on for more information about lemon laws for used cars.

If I just bought a used car, will I be covered under lemon law?

Lemon laws typically only cover new cars, but lemon laws and similar legal protections exist in some states that can cover used cars. Also, certified used vehicles are considered to be new cars in most states. These vehicles fall under standard lemon laws because they are bought directly from the manufacturer with a warranty.