What todo if you filed the wrong quitclaim deed?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What todo if you filed the wrong quitclaim deed?

Friend filed a wrong quick claim deed then a partial wrong deed, can we go back and refile the quitclaim deed and grant deed gain? A friend filed a quitclaim deed but hand wrote the info and got the grantor mixed up with grantee, in top of that they assumed it was a property in a Trust when it was not they eventually want to grant the house to mother and daughter, husband who passed away, object was to grant it to mother and daughter, adding the daughter but they got a lot of info wrong, I assume this much wrong information invalidates a quit claim deed anyway.

Asked on April 3, 2019 under Real Estate Law, California


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Check with the County Recorder's office about filing an amendment to the quitclaim deed. The amendment language corrects the mistakes you mentioned. The amendment is signed in the presence of a notary. The amendment becomes effective upon being recorded (filed with the County Recorder's office).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption