Family tree form to be registered with the city or county

UPDATED: May 12, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 12, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Family tree form to be registered with the city or county

My daughter just bought a house and they had to register a family tree form to tell the county whom they wanted to receive the house. My husband refuses to make a will and our home was inherited by him from his grandparents so its in his name solely. So can we do the family tree thing also? He is also going to inherit a house on the coast of Ca, but I am in his Mothers will to inherit the house if he no longer alive.

Asked on May 12, 2009 under Estate Planning, California


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Depends.  You may want to (based on the inheritances) consider speaking with an estate planning attorney, who can tell you what the best options are for you.

Try, then double check his or her disciplinary record at under attorney search.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption