Hiring a Divorce Lawyer

This article discusses how to choose a divorce lawyer, including the types of expertise a client should look for and the types of questions a client should ask a prospective divorce attorney.

When should I hire a tax attorney?

A tax attorney may be required you are facing a fraud investigation, a lengthy audit, an audit involving legal issues, frozen assets, a large deficiency balance, incomplete or inadequate books and records, an inability to pay, a failure to file returns for a number of years, charges for taxes you do not owe, or the expiration of the statute of limitations. If you have any questions about the IRS, or face IRS action, consult a tax attorney.

I owe money to the IRS and they are calling excessively. What can I do?

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) contracts with private collection agencies to assist in collecting unpaid taxes. These collection agencies attempt to collect unpaid taxes on behalf of the IRS by contacting taxpayers at home or work. If you would like to stop receiving calls at home or work, you will need to submit a request in writing to the collection agency that you no longer want to work with the assigned collection agency to handle your unpaid taxes.