Am I entitled to a refund if the glass on my new oven door exploded?

UPDATED: Apr 27, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Am I entitled to a refund if the glass on my new oven door exploded?

The glass door on my brand new wall oven exploded sending glass all over the floor. Only 5 minutes earlier I was looking in that same window. The company has offered to replace the glass without any explanation as to why it occurred. I am now petrified of my oven.

Asked on April 27, 2012 under General Practice, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you wish to return your new oven due to some defect with it resulting in the explosion that you have written about, I suggest that you consult with the store that you bought from as well as the manufacturer of the product.

Possibly there might be a voluntary allowance to you to return the product and get a different make and model. However, under the laws of all states that you have written, unless there is some written statement concerning the product that you bought allowing for its return, you own it even though the glass door has been repaired.

I suggest you find out why the glass door exploded. Possibly that might earn you the return of the oven.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption