Expired F1 student visa holder becoming a U.S. Citizenship.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Expired F1 student visa holder becoming a U.S. Citizenship.

I entered the US at the age of 14, and never left the country up to date. Clean
background, high school diploma and over 60 units of 2 year college. I am Asian
as well. Only problem is that my F1 Visa expired 5 months ago. What are some
forms I could possibly be eligible under my circumstances?

Asked on October 6, 2016 under Immigration Law, Alaska


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Did your visa expire or your F-1 status (I-20)?  Can you extend your I-20 by speaking to the foreign student advisor's office in your school?  If not, once you are out of status, there is really not much you can do within the US so it is best not to be out of status, if you can help it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption