Eviction of a tenant renting from someone property in forecloser stages…

UPDATED: Jul 5, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 5, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Eviction of a tenant renting from someone property in forecloser stages…

The landlord is in forecloser and is trying to rent property before bank foreclose property I was told it would be short sale I recieved fore closure paper in mail from bank landlord didnt pay any rent on property 3 months before I started paying rent .I went threw rent free realty to purchase home didnt get the true status of home lost the 5500$ as down payment and rent payment toward property

Asked on July 5, 2009 under Business Law, Florida


GW, Member, Michigan and Hawaii Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I'm not licensed in your jurisdiction, and you should consult a lawyer who is for definitive advice. That said, the general rule is that the landlord has the right to evict tenants from the property until the foreclosure is complete.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption