Write Your Own Will, Use an Online Form Service or Hire an Attorney?

This article discusses the choices you have in writing your Will: do it yourself, use an online will service or hire an estate will attorney. A will is an important legal document that contains your instructions and wishes for distributing your property and assets after you die. Your will also allows you to choose a personal guardian to care for your children if you should die when they are still minors.

What are do-it-yourself wills?

Do-it-yourself wills consist of several fill-in-the-blank forms. Some cover all bases and are easy to understand while others are confusing and missing important information. Because of this, it’s important to review do-it-yourself will forms carefully before downloading or purchasing them from a retailer. Do-it-Yourself wills must be tailored to your state because requirements for making a valid will vary from state to state.

Can I Write My Own Will?

A Will is an important legal document that contains your instructions and wishes for handling your estate and distributing the property and assets you own in your own name after you die.

Review of Quicken WillMaker Plus 2008

Quicken WillMaker Plus 2008 (QWMP), a product of Nolo, is more than a Will making package. It also helps you plan your estate and create a variety of legal documents, including living trusts, durable powers of attorney for finances, and health care directives.