UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption


My neighbor has been parking a travel trailer and broken down truck on my property. I had the property surveyed and line stakes installed. I’m am trying to erect a fence but he will not move his vehicles.

Asked on April 13, 2019 under Real Estate Law, Ohio


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Contact the police first: they can ticket him for doing this (trespass), and can potentialy ticket him on a continual basis (more tickets) if he continues to not more the vehicle after the first day.
If the police are not helpful--which is possible; sometimes the police don't want to get involved in disputes between neighbors and incorrectly deem this a "civil" matter when does in fact involve a crime (trespass)--then you can bring a legal action in court seeking both a court order for its removal and compensation (essentially a use fee or "rent") for the time that the truck and trailer have been on your property. If you wish to pursue this option, consult with a local attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption