Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Claims

Pennsylvania workers’ compensation claims are filed when an employee is injured on the job from an accident or work-related actions such as repetitive motions, or who becomes sick due to exposure to hazardous materials at the workplace. A Pennsylvania workers’ compensation claim must be filed with the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry within a specific time frame to ensure that the worker receives the benefits provided for by the workers’ compensation system. Pennsylvania law requires that employers have workers’ compensation insurance so that benefits can be provided for injured and/or ill workers. A Pennsylvania workers’ compensation attorney can explain the details of benefits as they relate to your injury and answer questions specific to your case.

Under Pennsylvania workers’ comp, can I recover for pain and suffering or emotional distress due to my injury?

It is not generally possible to recover for pain and suffering and other similar damages in the workers comp system. Under the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act, the employee is precluded from suing the employer for pain, suffering, disability, or for causing the employee’s injury. The only benefits that the injured worker can recover are wage loss benefits and medical expenses for the work-related injury.

Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Laws

Pennsylvania workers’ compensation laws provide benefits for injuries and illnesses that develop because of your job. Pennsylvania workers’ compensation benefits may vary depending on the severity and type of your condition.