Is an employer liable for quid pro quo sexual harassment?

Quid pro quo harassment is a specific form of sexual harassment that occurs wherein the conditions of a workers job are directly affected by his or her willingness to engage in sexual activity. For example, if your boss tells you that you will get a promotion if you sleep with him or her, this could be an example of quid pro quo harassment. Whether or not the employer is actually going to be liable for quid pro quo sexual harassment will depend on a number of factors.

I was a victim of sexual harassment but didn’t lose any money, do I still have a claim?

Not all sexual harassment results in lost income. If you are a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace, you may have suffered emotional distress and other intangible damages. These damages may still be considered an actionable loss, even though they were not monetary, as long as you have sufficient proof you were harassed and harmed by that harassment. In certain sexual harassment claims, you may also be entitled to punitive damages, which are damages designed not to pay you back for loss but instead to punish a defendant who has engaged in especially bad behavior.