What to do if my school did not send off my loan infrmation in time?

UPDATED: Jan 11, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 11, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my school did not send off my loan infrmation in time?

During my last semester, I applied for myhad student loans with the school as I always done. After noticing a balance of my full tuition ($6043.39), I went and talked to the finance office. They told me that they made an mistake and did not send off my loans in time, and it was too late. So now I have this whole amount of money that I have to pay all at once or it’s going on my credit soon. I complained and called but all that they were willing to do is setup a payment plan that required me to pay a monthly amount to them with very harsh terms, along with my normal student loans. This just isn’t fair.

Asked on January 11, 2013 under Bankruptcy Law, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately for you and many others what happens in life is not always fair. My suggestion is that you have a face to face meeting with the dean of students at your school to see what can be done to accomodate you such as reducing the harsh terms of the loan and the like. If such does not meet your approval then you need to go over the dean's head and have a meeting with the board of director's of the school to see what can be done for you.

The school should give you the same terms on what you owe as what you would have received had the loans been sent timely. I suggest that you consult with a consumer law attorney to assist you in your matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption