DUI’s in different counties

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

DUI’s in different counties

My husband is still waiting to go to court for a DUI in 7/2007. His public defender is trying to get breath test thrown out. He is on pre-trial release program in Leon County for this. On 6/6/09 he got in accident/ property damge/no bodily injury in gadsden county. He refused to blow this time, went to jail and got out next day. Never recieved a citation. Does he need to tell his pre-trial officer that he reports to every month? Or does it matter since they are 2 different counties? They took is license at the time, but is still valid with DMV.

Asked on June 9, 2009 under Criminal Law, Florida


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

He needs to tell his lawyer and go from there. He will be found out but the method of how he tells what he tells is best left to his lawyer. It makes no difference what county it is in.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption