DUI North Carolina. 2nd in three years. Two years 4 months exactly.

UPDATED: May 10, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 10, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

DUI North Carolina. 2nd in three years. Two years 4 months exactly.

Will I be eligible for a restricted license to go to work , doctors, buy food ect?

Asked on May 10, 2009 under Criminal Law, North Carolina


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

There are no hard and fast rules here.  If your license has been revoked or suspended, you may qualify for a restricted, limited use driver's license. Criteria for qualifications depend on the number of DUI charges on your record, whether the DUI was a regular or extreme example, and whether it was charged as a felony.  Additionally,  if you can show an extreme hardship.  For instance, if you were a diabetic and needed to go to the pharmacy for insulin.  Something of that nature might also be a consideration.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption