IfI was charged with driving under suspension, doI need an attorney?

UPDATED: Jan 29, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 29, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

IfI was charged with driving under suspension, doI need an attorney?

Now I have got to go to court for DUS and clueless of what can happen? What kind of attorney, criminal? In Tulsa, OK.

Asked on January 29, 2011 under General Practice, Oklahoma


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

1) Yes, you want an attorney. Sanctions for DUI, depending on the exact circumstances, can be pretty hefty and could include losing your license (or at least having it suspended), a decent-sized fine, having to attend classes or meetings of some kind, etc. Having an attorney represent you will help minimize the penalties you face.

2) Type of attorney: it's a criminal defense attorney, and there are many lawyers who specialize in this. If you do an internet search for "Tulso attorney DUI" (and some other versions of that search--e.g. subsitute "DWI" for "DUI" or spell it out, etc.) you should have no trouble finding a number of possible attorneys. You could also look in the print or online yellow pages and/or contact your city bar associaton for recommendations.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption