Does some kind of punishment against adultery exist today?

UPDATED: Apr 12, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Does some kind of punishment against adultery exist today?

My father has Parkinson’s Disease and what the doctors believe to be also Parkinson’s Dementia. Recently, we found out he has been cheating on my mother with another woman and buying her very expensive gifts which has left himleaving him struggling for money. He has just left the hospital after heart surgery. The neurologists there tested him and say his dementia causes him to make bad judgements and to forget things completely leaving him confused. This is why he has no idea where his money disappeared to they say. Now, is there some way to sue the woman whom he cheated with?

Asked on April 12, 2012 under Family Law, Virginia


Madan Ahluwalia / Ahluwalia Law P. C.

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

No. She has not done anything wrong.

You should go to court and request conservatorship for him so that someone else can make financial decisioins for him. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption