Does changing my address 5 times affect my N-400 application?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Does changing my address 5 times affect my N-400 application?

My wife and I moved to the US on Sep 2014. We lived in Delaware for 6 months and then moved to Sacramento California. For medical treatment we had to move to San Diego on Feb 2017. And our treatment has done and we will move to Maryland next 5-6 months. We have informed USCIS every time by filling out AR-11. One of my friends said, even though you guys had filled AR-11, Changing your address too much and moving multiple times in the States will negatively affect your N-400 Application when you want to apply for citizenship. We would be eligible to apply next year. I am so worried about what he said, Is that true? Does moving 5 times in the states in 5 years will negatively impact our application?

Asked on February 22, 2018 under Immigration Law, California


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

No, absolutely not.  You can move as many times as you want  and there are no negative implications on your status or your citizenship application whatsoever.  Just make sure you document all the prior addresses on the application and make sure you have done the AR11.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption