Does an organization have to have an insurance policy that is for an annual banquet?

UPDATED: Jan 30, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 30, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Does an organization have to have an insurance policy that is for an annual banquet?

If not, does the restaurant’s insurance cover any accidents. No other activities happen during the year.

Asked on January 30, 2014 under Insurance Law, Connecticut


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Typically, a restaurant's insurance would cover accidents or injuries occuring at the restaurant for which the restaurant would be liable--that is, ones which are its fault, whether due to negligence/carelessness (e.g. not cleaning up a spill, so that someone falls; an employee spilling hot soup on someone) or due to intentional bad acts (e.g. an employee hitting a guest). It would not cover acts for which the restaurant is not at fault, such as if one banquet guest hits another, or someone trips over his/her own feet while at the restaurant.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption