Do we have a case of medical malpractice?

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do we have a case of medical malpractice?

My sister’s doctor prescribed her a medication
that the doctor already knew my sister had a
bad reaction to when she was younger and she
ended up having yet again a bad reaction and
ended up in a medical induced coma in the
ICU. She prescribed the highest dose as well.
She was in the hospital 4 days.

Asked on July 24, 2019 under Malpractice Law, Washington


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Medical malpractice is negligence.
Additional information is needed to determine whether or not the doctor was negligent. For example, why did the doctor prescribe the medication knowing of your sister's previous reaction? Was this the only drug that could be used to treat your sister's condition? Was your sister's condition life threatening?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption