Do Nevada employers pull a national criminal background check?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do Nevada employers pull a national criminal background check?

I have a recent misdemeanor under
the influence of a controlled
substance, possession of
paraphernalia, and possession of a
controlled substance conviction in
California and moved to Nevada
after being released from jail. I
recently got a job offer and have
to pass a criminal background check
as part of the pre employment
screening. Will my misdemeanor
convictions in California show up
on the background check or will it
only show convictions for here in

Asked on November 12, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Nevada


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

It depends on the the employer. Criminal background checks can be done at the county, state or national) level. There are also seperate checks foe federal offenses. However, tyically, a national and/or federal search is conducted.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption