Do I need representation to respond that I have received the pre-dissolution of marriage?

UPDATED: Aug 22, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 22, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I need representation to respond that I have received the pre-dissolution of marriage?

If not, how do I respond that I have received it? What is my response that I have received it, and that I will have representation once i receive future papers?

Asked on August 22, 2011 Kentucky


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I am sorry but I think that you need to provide more information here on what exactly the papers that you have in your hand say and what are for.  Pre-dissolution what?  Is it a pre-dissolution alimony or spousal support order? What rights is the court seeking to determine before the marriage is dissolved? I would really strongly suggest that you take the paperwork that you received to an attorney as soon as possible and not wait to get any :future" papers form your soon to be ex spouse before you obtain representation.  For all I know here you have just been ordered to pay something you really do not have to pay.  Please seek legal help with all of this.  Good luck to you.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption