Do I have a legal right to forbid my ex-wife from bringing her convicted felon boyfriend around my children?

UPDATED: Sep 8, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 8, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I have a legal right to forbid my ex-wife from bringing her convicted felon boyfriend around my children?

Asked on September 8, 2012 under Family Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you believe that the convicted felon boyfriend of your "ex" is a bad influence around your children and do not want him around them, you have the following options:

1. have a face to face meeting with your "ex" requesting that the felon not be around your children;

2. if the above does not resolve the issue, file a petition with the family law court seeking an order that your "ex" not have the felon around your children;

3. if the felon has engaged in improper and threatening behavior as to your children, seek a retraining order against him.

I suggest that a family law attorney be consulted with options # 2 and # 3.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption