UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption


I want to know if I have a case to hire a lawyer to help me with my case being a auto accident with $700 property damages to the car? I have 3 kids and with the pain and suffering, my husband needed to stay home to take care of them. I want to be reimbursed income. Because of my low body damage I don’t know if lawyers will accept the case. Please help!!

Asked on June 10, 2009 under Accident Law, Washington


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

The issue, in terms of whether it's worth your while to sue, or worth an attorney's while to represent you, isn't solely the auto body damage--it's the total damage or injuries you suffered. The car may only have taken $700 of damage, but you refer to "pain and suffering" and also to lost income. If you or your husband suffered bodily injury with either pain or disabilty (plus presumably medical costs) and/or you or your husband lost any appreciable amount of income, then you probably do have a worthwhile case--and one an attorney would find worthwhile.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption