Do I have a case against my employer regarding a recent medical condition caused by the company’s products?

UPDATED: Sep 16, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 16, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I have a case against my employer regarding a recent medical condition caused by the company’s products?

I am a beauty supervisor at the store I work at. This store is a part of a multi-million dollar corporation. The products changed and I am now allergic. They have not helped me with moving me to a location without these products. They are helping me, but it is not at a timely manner and it is effecting me mentally, emotionally, it effects my performance and my personal life. There are hives all over my body and I can’t even sleep because they itch so bad. This has been going on for 3 months.

Asked on September 16, 2011 under Employment Labor Law, Ohio


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You need to speak with an attorney in your area on what your options are here.  I am unclear as to what kind of case you want to bring.  You can not sue your employer under a negligence theory but would rather have to collect workers compensation instead.  If you wanted to sue them to force them to move you in a more timely fashion I could see filing a complaint first and then resorting to the courts second.   But really you have to do what is really best for you at this point in time.  You need to file for workers comp or for disability or what ever you can collect under.  Good luck to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption