Do I have a case if I fell ata skating rink??

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I have a case if I fell ata skating rink??

I fell and injured myself. It was a while before anyone noticed me on the floor. The workers in the rink never noticed until after I was helped up by others and brought back to my family. Later, they brought me an Ice pack. The pain in my back in wrist was so excruciating that I went to the E.R. Before leaving, my grandmother had me sign an incident report. The hospital said I had bruising on my back and a fractured wrist.

Asked on July 5, 2018 under Personal Injury, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

No, based on what you write, you do not have a case:
1) You can only sue if the other party  (the rink) is at fault in causing your injury, but nothing you write indicates fault. Even if they were arguably slow in responding *after* you fell, the harm was done by the fall; their alleged delay did not contribute to your injuries.
2) You cannot sue for injuries resulting from the normal, accepted risks of an activity--and falling while ice skating is certainly a normal risk of skating.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption