If I’m charged with disorderly conduct, how do I protect my criminal history record?

UPDATED: Oct 9, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I’m charged with disorderly conduct, how do I protect my criminal history record?

I may or may no be charged with disorderly conduct; if I am I will have to go to court. I’m willing to pay or do community service. I am under 18, it is my first offense and I was not intending to start or participate in this fight. I may have provoked him. He punched me 2 times and I did not touch him once. How do I make sure this does not go on my record at all?

Asked on October 9, 2011 under Criminal Law, Minnesota


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you believe that there is a possibility that you will be charged with a criminal offense, you should start thinking about retaining a criminal defense attorney to represent you and to protect you against any negative fall out as the result of the charge or charges that may result.

Since you are under 18 years of age, the charges if filed would place you in juvenile court which if you plea out or are convicted, your record would be sealed. Possibly you might be placed on court probation where if you adhere to the terms of your probation, the charge or charges if filed could be dismissed.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption