Disabililty law

UPDATED: Feb 16, 2018

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 16, 2018Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Disabililty law

I have a disability which has been certified by my orthopedic surgeon and have filed a request for accommodation with my employer, a CA county. I am learning as I do this that my supervisor has actively squelched other requests for accommodation. I’m looking for help through this process.

Asked on February 16, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Based on what you write--the fact that you reacted badly (which IS something you may be disciplined for, even if your request is wholly proper: that is, you are liable for how you act in meetings, towards supervisors or coworkers, etc.) and that this company (or least supervisor) seems hostile to accommodation requests--you may wish to  retain an employment lawyer to both guide you and, as appropriate, communicate with the company for you about this. The lawyer will understand the law and process much better than you and will be able to bring objetivity and dispassion to the table which you may understandably lack; also, having a lawyer may convince the company of how seriously you are taking this request.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption