What to do about discrimination against men in the workplace?

UPDATED: Aug 6, 2016

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 6, 2016Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about discrimination against men in the workplace?

I have been receiving texts from a female co-worker than our manager said the

Asked on August 6, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Georgia


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Based on what you write, you (and the other men you write about) may well have an employment harassment/discriminaton complaint and should speak to the federal EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) and/or your state's equal/civil rights agency about filing a complaint. It is illegal to discriminate against employees or harass them due to their sex--i.e. you can't discriminate against men because they are men, the exact same you cannot discriminate against women because they are women. When employers allow discriminatory or harassing conduct, the employer becomes liable. You describe anti-male comments by a manager, which are evidently allowed; and also retaliation (hours being cut) for bringing discrimination/harassment to management's attention--which is also illegal: employers may not retaliate for bring discriminatory complaints. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption