Dental Malpractice

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Dental Malpractice

My mother paid 16000 for dental work had 4
posts implanted 3 fell outThere’s one and a half
still inThe bottom partial denture cuts her
mouth and a tooth that was kept literally just fell
out.She cant chew properly the denture didnt fit
properly.Tried to send her home with the
unfinished denture he fucked everything up.It’s
an on going thing. She tried to talk to him and
he told her that he would give her 2500 and
she could find someone else to do it.

Asked on January 7, 2019 under Malpractice Law, Florida


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Dental malpractice is negligence.  Prior to filing a lawsuit against the dentist, it  may be possible to settle the case with the dentist's malpractice insurance carrier. Your mother's claim filed with that malpractice insurance carrier should include the dental bills, dental reports, and documentation of wage loss.
Compensation for the dental bills is straight reimbursement. The dental reports document your mother's treatment, and are used to determine compensation for pain and suffering which is an amount in addition to the dental bills. Compensation for wage loss is straight reimbursement.
If the case is settled, no lawsuit is filed.
If your mother is dissatisfied with the settlement offers, she should reject them and file a lawsuit for negligence against the dentist.
If the case is NOT settled, the lawsuit against the dentist for negligence must be filed prior to the expiration of the applicable statute of limitations or your mother will lose her rights forever in the matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption