Denial of claim

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Denial of claim

Apparently my A/C system has been leaking for some time. It seems that it was improperly installed since there is no access to the drain pan. We have always maintained the system where could. We did not realize it was leaking until this week but the damage has been done. Our insurance agent informed us that we probably wont be covered. This is devastating news for us as we cannot afford the necessary repairs. Can you help?

Asked on November 9, 2017 under Insurance Law, Texas


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Ask the insurance agent why the damage from the leak is not covered.
Review the language in your insurance policy to determine if the agent's reason for denial is valid. Look at the exclusions in the policy.
If the denial of coverage is not valid, contact your state's insurance commissioner.
If the issue is not resolved, you may want to consider filing a bad faith claim against your insurance company.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption