DBA in Ohio

UPDATED: Apr 6, 2019

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 6, 2019Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

DBA in Ohio

If we are a C-Corp

Asked on April 6, 2019 under Business Law, Ohio


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You can advertise using less than your entire name name. Think for example, McDonald's: do their ads call them "McDonald's Corporation"? Or just "McDonald's"?
Where you need the full name and type of business entity is in any contract, invoice, proposal, etc.--anything that is an actual proposal or agreement to do business, so those who actually do business with you know the type of entity they are transacting business with. It would not hurt to include the full name, etc., in small (but legible) print in any print ads, but the key is that as long as other parties know what kind of an entity they are doing business with before and as they do business, your ads can use the shorter, less-stuff version of your name.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption