What will happen if my daughter was arrested on a warrant for missing a court date regarding drug possession?

UPDATED: Nov 8, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 8, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What will happen if my daughter was arrested on a warrant for missing a court date regarding drug possession?

The original arrest was over 1 1/2 years ago. Will not bail her out. So does she stay in jail until a court date and, if so, how long before they set a court date?

Asked on November 8, 2015 under Criminal Law, Texas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

The court date will be set fairly quickly for her first appearance, usually the probable cause hearing. At this point, she has usually appointed counsel to represent her. Then she will be either released on ROR or held over for trial. These types of cases go pretty quickly depending on the jurisdiction.
If you are not bailing her out, at least consider reviewing the option with her counsel of whether there are alternative programs for her so that perhaps she can get rid of the drug possession charge and the warrant.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption