Can I be charged with possession of marijuana if I’m a passenger in someone’s car and marijuana is found? What does’possession’ mean under Michigan’s marijuana laws?

Description: You can be charged with possession of marijuana in Michigan if the marijuana is found in a car in which you are a passenger. However, if the marijuana was not on your person and did not belong to you, you will probably have a good defense against conviction. On a related note, Michigan drivers can

How do I get medicinal (or medical) marijuana in Michigan?

In order to use medicinal marijuana in compliance with Michigan law, you must have a debilitating medical condition, and your marijuana use must be related to that condition. In order to ensure that your condition is covered, you should apply for a medicinal marijuana registry identification card with the Michigan Department of Community Health.

Michigan Medical Marijuana Laws

Like many states, Michigan allows the legal use of medical marijuana. Michigan Initiated Law 1 of 2008—known as the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act—made it legal to grow and use marijuana for debilitating medical conditions.