How do i geprevent my

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do i geprevent my

Married for only 7 months and a month ago did the green card interview with my spouse. She was granted conditional green card. unfortunately didn’t seem like we had much of a marriage and shortly after the interview we rarely kept in contact or met face to face again. I wouldn’t say it was fraud but our marriage definitely went down hill. I feel she did not perform the duties of a wife. I do not want to go any further with this relationship, most of all I do not want her to get a permanent green card. How do I prevent that from happening?

Asked on October 21, 2016 under Immigration Law, California


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You can notify the USCIS of your assumptions but there is no guarantee that they will take any action or immediate action on your case.  So, there is no automatic way for you to prevent her from getting a conditional green card but you can certainly try by notifying the USCIS.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption