Compensation for lost wages

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Compensation for lost wages

I own a commercial vehicle and was
involved in an accident in Wisconsin
which was on private property. I was
not at fault. The responsible party
wants to pay me less than half of my
lost wages during my downtime. I could
not rent a truck during this time due to
financial restrictions. I need to
collect in full for my lost wages.

Asked on January 31, 2019 under Accident Law, Indiana


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Compensation for lost wages is straight reimbursement. Since you are dissatisfied with the settlement offer, your recourse is to reject the settlement offer and file a lawsuit for negligence against the at-fault party. The amount you are seeking in your lawsuit will determine whether you can file your lawsuit in small claims court or in a higher court.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption