What to do regarding an accident and driving without a license?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do regarding an accident and driving without a license?

I recently got into a car accident and I don’t know what to do. I was at a intersection at yellow light about to turn left, at that moment I was hit by a car. My car and the other car are both really damaged and undrivable. I am 17 years old with no driver’s license nor am I covered under the car insurance. New Link Destination
make matters worse, I had 2 friends that were in the car with me, an 18 year old and a 17 year old. I was hit on the left front of my car and the other driver’s car was hit all in the front. Also, the other driver doesn’t have a license either. The cops came and give me a ticket for driving without license.

Asked on January 26, 2019 under Accident Law, California


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Since you did not mention it. I assume that neither you nor your passengers were injured.
File your property damage claim , as you have done with the insurance company of the registered owner of the vehicle that hit you.
If the case is not settled with the insurance carrier, your only recourse is to sue the registered owner and at- fault driver for negligence. One lawsuit is filed naming both the registered owner and at-fault driver as defendants. Your parents will have to file the lawsuit on your behalf because you are a minor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption