Can you still get help after a slip and fall if you didn’t seek immediate help but had an X-ray done?

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can you still get help after a slip and fall if you didn’t seek immediate help but had an X-ray done?

I suffered a slip in fall in a local grocery store when I went into purchase a loaf of bread. I got halfway to

the checkout line and slipped on a puddle of blood on the floor. Now I have pain in my left knee and a popping sound, especially at night at least every other day.

Asked on September 11, 2019 under Personal Injury, Alabama


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You can still pursue a personal injury claim against the store through its insurance carrier. It is a common occurrence in personal injury cases for the medical condition to develop additional symptoms sometime after the initial injury.
It would be advisable to speak with a personal injury attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption