Can we take any legal action against a big hospitalifour child was over vaccinated?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can we take any legal action against a big hospitalifour child was over vaccinated?

My husband and I are facing a situation which upset us and we would like a legal advice. In fact, I just gave birth to a baby girl. At the hospital, they were supposed to give her 1 Hep B vaccine and

instead of 1 they gave her 2 by mistake. They said that it was a mistake and wouldhave no side effects on her health. As parents, we are really upset and can’t understand how a big hospital can make such a big mistake like that. Can we take any legal action against the hospital?

Asked on February 21, 2018 under Malpractice Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Has your daughter been harmed in any significant way? We hope not; and assuming that she has not been, there is no legal action you can take. The civil law system (e.g. lawsuits) is designed to compensate people for actual injuries or costs, and the amount of compensation you can get is based on the extent of the injuries or costs. Without provable significant injuries or costs linked to the double vaccination, you can't get any compensation, so you would spend far more on the lawsuit than you would get back.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption