Can the management company disclose efforts made to correct other tenant violations to this tenant?

UPDATED: Jun 24, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 24, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can the management company disclose efforts made to correct other tenant violations to this tenant?

I’d like to know what they have done! Complaints: loud music, loud guests, loud child at very late hours, hiding pets, brought fleas in, parking on property lawn, not disposing of trash, not reporting plumbing issues-leak into our place. Police have been called twice. It’s horrible! And the tenant keeps her child (doesn’t have custody) who is 5 years old up and running/screaming overhead until well after 1 AM. Please advise if I can access what has been done by management company to date; it feels like so little. Also, can I find out when her lease expires, or is that protected info?

Asked on June 24, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Tennessee


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Then you need to confront your management company, contact your consumer protection division of the attorney general's office in your state and possibly consider that you have been constructively convicted, based on your landlord's inaction.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption