Canan ERdoctor refuse to treat a shattered leg?

UPDATED: Jul 13, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 13, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Canan ERdoctor refuse to treat a shattered leg?

My sister got hit in the leg with one of those really big fire works and she went to the ER. They sent her home and told her to keep it elevated. Her leg is now twice the size and black and blue and shards of her bones floating around her blood stream. They told her to come back and they would do surgery but when she did and they found out she didn’t have insurance they said they couldn’t do anything for her.

Asked on July 13, 2011 under Malpractice Law, Arkansas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

As a general answer in an emergency situation most States in this country require emergency room treatment of an injured person regardless of medical insurance or ability to pay for the simple reason that the emergency situation requires immediate medical attention for the injured person and if immediate medical attention is not provided by the health care facility the injured person's conditin could get significantly worse.

How do you know that your sister has a shattered leg where there are shards of bone floating around her blood stream? Were x rays taken by the emergency room doctor? If x rays were taken by the emergency room doctor at the initial of your siste post accident showing the damage you state in your question, I would be very surprised that your sister's leg was not castedas a result of the injury or that surgery was not performed to take care of the floating bone shards.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption