Can the damage to my car that prove I was rear-ended by a truck?

UPDATED: Apr 12, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 12, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can the damage to my car that prove I was rear-ended by a truck?

I-was rear ended by a truck. The majority of the damage to my vehicle is on the bottom right bumper and my trunk is slightly dented but the impact destroyed the inside of my trunk. His insurance company denied my claim because he said I backed into him. Can the damage to my vehicle prove that he would have had to slam on the brakes to cause that kind of damage? Also, he told his insurance company that I damaged the left front bumper on his truck, but there is no damage to the left side of my vehicle at all. How can I prove that he’s a liar?

Asked on April 12, 2012 under Accident Law, California


Madan Ahluwalia / Ahluwalia Law P. C.

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

There is a way to hire a accident reconstructionist who can examine the damage to the vehicle and help you determine it. You should pursue this path if iit is worth it. So, you need to assess your total damage. If his insurance compay is not willing to pay, then you need to submit the claim to your own insurance company. If you don't have insurance, then you can sue him in court yourself- again depends on the damage. For example, small claims court limit is $7,500.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption