can she make me pay for her move and pay alimony?

UPDATED: Jun 6, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 6, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

can she make me pay for her move and pay alimony?

My wife filed for divorce, Im in the army as anE4, I only make 1920.00 a month and pay 400.00 in child support on my daughter, my truck and insurance payments. I also so pay all the bills at home. She gets 4000.00 a month in social secuity money for her 4 boys which i didnt adopt, plus she has a house in ny which she rents out and makes money on.

Asked on June 6, 2009 under Family Law, Arizona


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It all depends on how the divorce is handled, how long you have been married, what the situation is with other debt the two of you accrued together during marriage prior to separation, the marital assets during marriage and what can be liquidated.  I am unsure if military law is involved in such divorce cases.

Your best bet is to either speak with your commanding officer about speaking with a military lawyer or consult with a civilian divorce attorney.  Try and check his or her record at the Arizona State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption