Can my wife get custody of my kids?

UPDATED: Aug 6, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 6, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can my wife get custody of my kids?

After divorce, she committed fraud to unemployment for 6 months. She also committed health insurance fraud by cashing check of almost $14,000,. Finally, she doesn’t have a steady house, no work and we all believe that she is bi-polar.

Asked on August 6, 2012 under Family Law, California



Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

The standard for child custody, is what is in the best interest of the children.  What you have mentioned are factors, but I would have to look at the entire picture to try and determine the likelihood of who may get custody, or what kind of shared custody/visitation may be ordered.  It is  possible that a psychological evaluation may have to be performed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption