Can my parole officer lock me up for living with my boyfriend who is a felon if we have a child together?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can my parole officer lock me up for living with my boyfriend who is a felon if we have a child together?

My boyfriend and I are felons; he’s off parole but I’m still on it. My parole officer’s supervisor is getting involved for no provoked reason. He told me that I had to move out by morning since I’m not to associate with felons even though we have a child together and are a family. My boyfriend runs his own business and is doing good. Can she do this?

Asked on December 4, 2018 under Criminal Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you can be locked up for this, unless and until you can get a judge or the parole board to modify the terms of your parole. Move out temporarily while retaining a lawyer to help you address this issue and get the modification. The problem is, even if you have the best reasons in the world, you are currently in violation of parole.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption